Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Photo Tuesday: Jovi Bathemess

BC Sandy Photo Feature.
Words by: Samuel Milianta 

[Photo: Sam Milianta]

"Ever since I saw a photo of Ryan Hickey do a wallride nollie out in SLAP I’ve always liked that trick. It’s one of my favorite tricks to watch people do and I always think it’s rad no matter what. It is, however, a trick that is really hard to shoot a photograph of. It always looks awkward. For example, the skater has one foot dangling off the board or the timing is weird. It’s basically just hard to shoot and I’ve failed numerous times."

"While this is a far cry from my photographic Swan Song, this photo of Jovi Bathemess doing a wallride nollie out just happened to work out for me on this particular day. Jovi is really good at that trick and I have failed to translate just how good his technique is, photograph-wise, on several occasions. On this day, at one of the more rugged spots he’s done it on, we finally got the photo."

Jovi Bathemess, Wallride Nollie Out, Salt Lake City, UT. 2012.

Huge thanks to Sam for putting this together for us. Be on the look out for his monthly zines.

No comments:

Post a Comment